Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Search by Nora Roberts


Fiona is a survivor of a horrible ordeal.  A few years ago she was abducted and almost killed by a serial killer.  After she escapes, the killer stalks her and kills her police officer fiance and his K-9 partner before being caught.  Now she lives a quiet life on Orcas Island in the Pacific Northwest. With her three loyal labs by her side, she volunteers for a canine search and rescue job while also teaching dog training classes.  She is thriving in her quiet life until the day Simon Doyle races up her driveway with an adorable puppy, Jaws.  Fiona takes on the puppy with no problem but finds herself becoming attracted to his master.  Throw in the fact that a copycat killer has surfaced and appears to be hunting Fiona down and you have a suspensful romantic thriller with some humor thrown in for good measure.

I love Nora Roberts so I didn't think I would have any problems reading this book and I was not (too) disappointed.  A bonus for me was all the puppy training tips as I am in the process of training my 6 month old Chow/Shepherd mix! 

The Search caught my attention from the first page and although it was a little predictable, I enjoyed it through the end.  There were some slight issues I had with the book like Fiona and Simon profiling the killer.  A dog trainer and an artist?  Fiona treated the killer as if he were a dog and I wasn't impressed. It also hardly ever rained.  I'm from the PNW and I find it hard to believe that on the cusp of spring, it only rained two, maybe three, times.  Small flaws but enough to slightly annoy me.  However, the characters were likeable and the dog tips were helpful. 

I personally like an easy yet suspensful read.  There wasn't a whole lot to think about while reading the book so it made for a relaxing summer read!

No comments:

Post a Comment