Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Friday, August 20, 2010

The Killing Edge - Heather Graham



Ten years ago Chloe Marin survived a brutal attack at her friends' beach house.  Her and three other teens were the only survivors of what would come to be known as "The Teen Massacre".  The four banded together and stayed friends through the years.

Ten years later, Chloe is a part-time model and psychologist.  One of the models she works with has suddenly disappered into thin air at a shoot, which bring P.I. Luke Cane into the picture.  As the investigation continues, Chloe and Luke find more clues that lead to the religious cult that was blamed for the earlier massacre.  Then, Chloe starts to see the ghost of the missing girl and the Adam Harrison group is brought in to help the investigation more.

So, I am usually a big fan of Heather Graham's.  The first book of hers I read was Ghost Walk and I've really liked every one since.  Until now that is.  I felt that this book dragged on and I didn't really get interested in it until the very last chapters.  The characters were boring and annoying most of the time.  I did enjoy that they (finally) brought in the Adam Harrison group but it wasn't until the very end that even that happened.  I really like Nikki and Brent Blackhawk so in my opinion, that was the best part of the book.

I also thought the book was very predictable.  I knew halfway through the book who the killer was.  The last few chapters threw a few doubts into my mind but in the end, I knew I was right.  The romance in the story was also very predictable and just sort of blah....it kinda felt forced and unnatural. 

All in all, this was not one of Heather Graham's best books.  I'm actually thankful I (finally) finished it!  I won't give up on her as I think Heather Graham is a talented author but if you skip this book, you won't be missing much.

No comments:

Post a Comment