Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday 8/30/10


I am posting all my Monday memes tonight (Sunday) since I have a staff meeting all morning and then have to set up my classroom in the afternoon and I have no idea when I'll be home!  So, they are a little early....that's a first...me being early for anything!  Enjoy and happy Monday!

The weather in my neck of the woods:


It is currently overcast and chilly (61 degrees) and suppose to stay in the 60s and possibly rain this week.
Things that make me happy:
My kids going back to school and being told they are advanced learners! 
Book I'm reading:
Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill
What I'm enjoying on TV:
Currently, The Flintstones is on!  Otherwise,

The Bachelor Pad (my guilty pleasure...love the drama) (ABC)
Intervention (A&E)
Hoarders (A&E)
Melissa & Joey (ABC Family)
On the menu for dinner:
Beef Stroganoff
On my To Do List:
Get my classroom set up
Get my lesson plans ready
Make kids' lunches and snacks for the first day of school tomorrow!

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Not sure

In the craft basket:
Landon's 1st year Scrapbook (he's 2 1/2 now)

Looking forward to this week:
School starting

Tips and Tricks:
To get melted wax out of carpet, set iron to lowest heat, put brown paper bag over wax and iron.  The wax will come right up!
My favorite blog post this week:

Unsure....



Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):  http://yabookiemonster.blogspot.com/



No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
My Dad and my first born son (his first grandchild)

Lesson learned the past few days:

People can still surprise me!

On my mind:
How my little girl is going to do in Kindergarten.  I am sure it will be harder on me than it is on her!



Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

Finally, all of you. live in harmony with one another;  be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate adn humble.  Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
 

1 Peter 3:8-10

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the photo :)

    Thanks for the great tip too, I use candles a lot so it's always good to have tips on how to remove wax.

    ReplyDelete