Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Masquerade: A Blue Bloods Novel by Melissa


Schuyler Van Allen is looking for an explanation as to why young vampires are dying and her grandfather is the one person who can help her.  Schuyler and her friend, Oliver, go to Venice in search of her grandfather.  Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are underway for the Four Hundred Ball, a ball held exclusively for Blue Bloods.  However, planning the after-party masquerade ball is what has popular Mimi Force excited. 

Soon, Schuyler and Oliver return from Italy and it is the night of the parties.  But at the Four Hundred Ball, Jack Force, who is suppose to be bonded to Mimi, is having second thoughts of that bonding after seeing Schuyler in her ballgown.  Between his confusion and Bliss's new mystery man, the ball leads to some interesting questions.

So, I have to admit, I loved this book!  Yes, it is another vampire book and yes, it is another YA book but really, I thought it was so entertaining!  I thought it was much better than the first book as I (personally) got tired of all the high brand fashion name dropping.    It gave you more of an insight into the Blue Blood history and left you wondering what was going to happen with Schuyler and Oliver or Schuyler and Jack.  The ending leaves you hanging and wanting more.  I wish I had ordered the third book, Revelations so I could keep going!

This book grabbed my attention from the first page and kept me totally enthralled until the last page.  It is an easy reading book but one that I completely enjoyed!


No comments:

Post a Comment