Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's list is in honor of Halloween! List your top ten scariest books for Halloween. Here are mine:
1. The Shining by Stephen King: This book creeps me out every time I read it (and I've read it a few times)! The scene with him in the room with the dead lady in the tub....goosebumps!
2. Coraline by Neil Gaiman: Like everyone else said...the button eyes are freaky but the part that scared me the most was the disembodied hand at the end. Totally creepy!
3. Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill: What else would you expect from the son of Stephen King? I just finished this book a month or two ago and it actually gave me nightmares! That's how I know it's a really scary book.
4. It by Stephen King: I still can't look at clowns without getting chills!
5. Second Child by John Saul: Really, any of his books freak me out but for some reason, this one did it so much that it sticks in my mind!
6. Don't Close Your Eyes by Carlene Thompson: I don't know why this book scared me so bad but I literally couldn't sleep for two nights after. I had just moved to the house I live in now and my hubby was gone, working nights (he's a cop) and I was scared by every little noise after reading this!
7. Wait til Helen Comes by Mary Downey Hahn: Okay, so this may not be scary anymore but I remember reading this as a kid and it scared the heck out of me so I had to add it!
8. Flowers In The Attic by V.C. Andrews: The whole series was pretty scary.
9. Divine Evil by Nora Roberts: Just an evil book! Talking about sacrifices and satanic rituals scares me!
10: Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders by Vincent Bugliosi & Curt Gentry: Just thinking about Charles Manson gives me chills. He was truly an evil man and the fact that this really happened makes it even more scary!