Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Book Review: Do Witches Make Fishes by Jason Mayo

Synopsis (from Goodreads):  "Do Witches Make Fishes?" is the moral tale of a young boy who favors candy over his mother's outlandish but healthy dishes. When faced with an ultimatum from his mother, the boy has to make a difficult choice. What ensues is a series of extraordinary and fantastical events that will take the reader on a magical journey through the imagination of a child. In the end, you will find yourself asking, Do Witches Make Fishes?

My Thoughts (and my kids' thoughts):  My 7 year-old and my 5 year-old loved this book!  My 7 year-old is a very picky eater and so he could relate to the young boy who didn't want to eat what his mom ate.  They thought the story was funny and they enjoyed the pictures.  I thought it was a cute, quirky tale with a good lesson in it.  Even my 2 year-old was laughing although I'm not sure he really knew what he was laughing at.  

I really like the idea that all the proceeds are going to the Madison Square Garden of Dreams Foundation.  It shows what a generous and caring man Jason Mayo is!

The kids rated this book: 

1 comment:

  1. I have the feeling my three boys would love this one.


    I would like to invite you to Book Lover’s Blog Hop@Story Time Under the Stars. At the Book Lovers’ Blog Hop you can link up a book review and connect with other book reviewers.

    ReplyDelete