Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Monday, October 4, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays: 10/5/10

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too


"My hands, I noticed, were shaking a little.  'Just tell me you aren't gonna say anything'  I said.  'It's your secret,'  she said.  'You do what you want with it.'"  ~page 79, The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

8 comments:

  1. I adore The Secret Lives of Bees. Excellent choice in book and teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays-a-despicable-profession.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope that woman can be trusted :) Great teaser. I think I've heard of this book before but haven't ever had a sneak peek at it. Thanks for sharing

    Here's my TEASER for this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to pick up a copy of it for ages now. This is a good reminder.

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read this book, I've heard wonderful things about it!

    Here's my Teaser: Coffee and a Book Chick -- Teaser Tuesday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice teaser! I hope you enjoy the rest of the book. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo good moment!
    Has good tension.
    Great teaser!
    Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to read this for a while - great teaser!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete