Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday 9/6/10


Weather in my neck of the woods: ok I swear this answer never changes! Slightly overcast and mild!  I love it!

Things that make me happy: My daughter who was so upset today that there was no school!  I am so happy both my older kids love to learn!

Books I am Reading: A book an author sent me for review called Back to the Homeplace.  I'm really liking it!

What is on my tv: 
True Blood (HBO)
The Last Trimester (Lifetime Movies)
The Tenth Circle (Lifetime Movies)

On the menu for dinner:

Leftovers!  We have so many leftovers in our fridge that need eaten!
On my to do list:

Finish the book I'm reading
Plan my weekly menu
Grocery shopping
Getting all my copies ready for my first day of preschool

New recipe I want to try soon: I haven't actually been looking at recipes lately so don't have any :(
In the craft basket: My son's scrapbook and a scrapbook of my cousin's wedding for my aunt

Looking forward to this week: preschool starting tomorrow, taking my boys to the dermatologist to get this super dry skin issue cleared up

Tips & Tricks:

I get my kids' clothes ready for the week and put them all together in a hanging organizer.  Every morning after breakfast they just grab the clothes in the right day and get dressed!

Favorite blog post of the week:  I had fun doing the giveway over at Bookhounds.  There was a trivia question that I enjoyed :)

Blog Hopping: Gosh, I found so many fun new blogs again this week that I'm not too sure.

No words needed, fav photo:


My Father-in-Law and my Dad on my wedding day showing their "empty pockets"

 
Lesson learned this past week:
It's okay to tell people no

On my mind: My first day of preschool tomorrow, my neighbor who is fighting for her kids
Scriptures, devotionals, thoughts:

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you;  he will never let the righteous fall.

Psalm 55:22
.

No comments:

Post a Comment