Monday, September 6, 2010
Fall Into Reading challenge
I am feeling the need to add another challenge to my life apparently :) so I signed up for the Fall into Reading challenge hosted by A Chick Who Reads. Head on over and join the challenge too! Here are the details:
Timeline: September 1 - November 30, 2010
Goal: Complete 12 reading prompts:
1. Read a book outside your comfort zone
2. Read a "chunky book" 500 + pages.
3. Read a book with the letter "S" for September in either the title or the author's name.
4. Read a book that is part of a series.
5. Re-read a book that you consider an old friend.
6. Read something "Spooky" for halloween.
7. Read a book that was recommended to you by a friend.
8. Read one of the books that's been on your TBR the longest.
9. Read a book by a debut author.
10. Read a book with a "fall" theme
11. Reader's Choice
12. Read a book by an author that you love
Easy right? My titles will be posted soon! As I finish a book, I'll link the review to the titles here.
Titles for the Challenges:
1. The Love Dare by Stephen Kendrick, Alex Kendrick and Lawrence Kimbrough
2. House Rules by Jodi Picoult
3. Stiltsville by Susanna Daniel
4. Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber
5. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
6. 13 1/2 by Nevada Barr
7. The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
8. The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker
9. Back to the Homeplace by William Leverne Smith
11. The Personal History of Rachel DuPree by Ann Weisgarber
12. Eight Days to Live by Iris Johansen