Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (3/1/11)

Top Ten Tuesday is a Meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Top Ten Books I Just HAD To Buy…
But Are Still Sitting On My Bookshelf

1.  City of Glass by Cassandra Clare:  I have read the first two and had to have the third.  I bought it at Costco for a great price and it is still sitting unread on my shelf.

2.  Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare:  I had high hopes that I would finish the City of Glass before Clockwork Angel came out.  I even pre-ordered it for my Nook. 

3.  Catching Fire and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins:  I have Hunger Games in hard copy but bought the other two at our local book fair.  I have read The Hunger Games (and loved it) but that's as far as I've gotten.

4.  Paranormalcy by Kiersten White:  Yep, another I just had to have immediately and it is still waiting to be read.

5.  The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova:  My friend told me how great this book was (she said it was the best vampire book she's ever read) so I bought it.  I really do want to read it though.

6.  Hidden Wives by Clare Avery:  I read a review about this one on a blog and thought it sounded so good that I went out and bought it right away. 

7.  Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink:  Another one I read a lot of reviews of and thought it sounded really good.  I have the second one too but haven't read either.

8.  Break No Bones by Kathy Reichs:  I love the Temperance Brennan series!  So, I got as far as Break No Bones and then I bought it and the ones after it but got overwhelmed with ARCs.

9.  Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl:  Another one I bought at the Book Fair.  I have heard a lot about it and can't wait to read it!

10.  The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis:  I bought this after seeing the first movie.  I think the largeness of it scares me off but I do want to get to it soon.

4 comments:

  1. You need to read Catching Fire and Mockingjay! Make sure you have time to read both books because you'll never want to put the books down!

    Thanks for sharing your list with us!

    Jen at The Broke and the Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol'd at number 10, that was my excuse way back then for not reading. The largeness of books put me off and I just didn't bother with them, look at me now :D Reading addict! You can totally read it, I know you can :D I would read that series but I don't do well with reading books after I've seen the movies, the two start to fight in my head ^^

    You should def. get to finishing the hunger games series :D book 2 was amazing!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these either, but I'm going to read The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe for a challenge, probably after my current book is finished. I want to know what all the fuss is about, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. +JMJ+

    Hmmmm. I wonder how many "Got to Have" books end up doing an extended stint as "To Be Read" books.

    Several years ago, a friend gave me an entire Chronicles of Narnia boxed set as a present. I went through it very slowly, taking about six months (if not longer) to read the whole thing. I finished individual books quickly enough, but I felt I should space out the reading and not gobble everything up immediately. Maybe a similar approach will prove good for you, too? =)

    Good luck getting to all these books!

    ReplyDelete