Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Library Thursday Blog Hop: 3/24/11

Library Thursday is a weekly blog hop that Lah over at Lazy Girl Reads started to:

1. Encourage people to support their libraries when they can

2. Meet new bloggy friends and grow your following

How to participate (UPDATED):
  • Create a Library Thursday post with a list, pictures or a vlog of your books. Or feature a cool picture of a library, or spotlight one of your favorite libraries.
  • Grab my button if you like it and include it in your post! Make sure to shout the library out that you went to!
  • Once you've created your post, link it to the linky at the bottom of my weekly post
  • Hop around to the other blogs participating and check out what other people are reading. Be sure to leave them a comment to let them know you were there, this is about making friends as well! 
So I have been super busy this last month and havent' done this one for awhile but I have still been visiting my local library (The Stevenson, WA branch of the Fort Vancouver Regional Library)!  I have finished The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan and have 30 pages left of Captivate by Carrie Jones and will be sending those back today!

This week I got:
  • You Wish by Mandy Hubbard
  • The Darlings are Forever by Melissa Kantor
  • Jane by April Lindner
  • Tyger Tyger by Kersten Hamilton
  • The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball by Risa Green
  • Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
  • Teenage Waistland by Lynn Biederman and Lisa Pazer
  • The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
My son got Socks by Beverly Cleary for school and he's super excited to read it since he loved Henry and Ribsy!

My daughter got Laura's Pa by Laura Ingalls Wilder (a Little House Chapter book) which I love since I still love to read the Little House Books.  She also got the American Girl "Kristen" books.  This will be her first time reading the American Girl books.

My baby picked out That's Not My Polar Bear!  He loves the touchy feely books and the repetitive books so he can try to read along.

So, that's all we got this week!  How about you?
 

3 comments:

  1. I loved the American Girl books, my favorite was Samantha, so I hope your daughter loves them too. As to the books you checked out, I loved Jane and The Mockingbirds so those are the two I recommend reading first. Tyger Tyger looks really interesting but I haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for Laura Ingalls Wilder today, but sadly couldn't find any. I wanted to take a trip down memory lane and read her Little House on the Prairie books. Instead I walked away with these:
    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/03/library-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many books!!! And I feel like I've heard of the Pink Crystal Ball one or I just stumbled across it somewhere or something?? Also, I love your blog design!! :)

    ReplyDelete