Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Book Review: Pure (Covenant #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


**I received this book from Around the World ARC Tours for review** 

Synopsis (from Goodreads):  There is need. And then there is Fate...

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

My Thoughts:  Oh.  My.  Goodness!!  This book was simply amazing in every way!  Seriously.....it was amazing!  I loved Half-Blood so I was super excited (I mean, like dancing around the room excited) when I was able to read this book early.  The day it came I stopped everything I was doing to sit down and start reading it.  Literally....I dropped everything (my kids were thrilled school was over early that day)!  I had high hopes for Pure and Jennifer Armentrout exceeded those high hopes easily!

Alex is even more snarky in this book and I loved her!  She totally kicks butt and doesn't let anyone, including Seth or Aiden, tell her what to do.  But she's smart.  She is not one of those characters that you want to smack for being so stupid and putting themselves in danger.  Even when she put herself in danger, it was in a smart way (if that makes sense).  She was amazing!

I think Aiden has to be my most favorite male character in a YA series!  He is so hot and the fact that him and Alex cannot get together brings in some serious sexual tension.  They have a smoldering passion and you can really feel all those emotions!  He is very protective of Alex without being too clingy or possessive.  He confuses you with his feelings for her only because he knows he can't be with her (no pure and half-blood breeding) but he says things that are so hot!  Yep, I think he is totally yummy in this book!

I actually really liked Seth in this one too!  I think his relationship with Alex is great and can't wait to read more about it.  They also have some serious sexual tension but Alex is understandably confused as to whether it is real or just their Apollyon connection.  Seth is still a little player but I think he's ready to settle a little.  I love how he is always there for Alex, especially during the super hard time (no spoilers here) she goes through in this book.  

Pure will get your emotions roiling!  You can feel the heated passion between Alex and Aiden.  You can feel Alex's confusion when it comes to her feelings for Seth.  I got SO angry with the council and literally wanted to smack Telly in the face.  Yep, he got my blood boiling!  Laadan is super sweet and you can't help but wanting a friend like her.  All the characters in Pure were easy to connect with and very well developed!

The cliffhanger at the end is amazing and it leaves you begging for more!  I am so anxious to see what happens next and my only complaint is that I have to wait to read the third book, Deity!  So, if you couldn't tell by my (almost embarrassing) gushing here...I loved this book!  I could not put it down and even though I just finished it, I want to read it again!  Jennifer L. Armentrout has definitely done it again!  I can't wait to see what she does with Deity!!

(I'd give this book a thousand stars but that would just take up a lot of room so 5 it is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment