Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Book Review: Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey

Witch Eyes

Synopsis (from Goodreads):  Braden was born with witch eyes: the ability to see the world as it truly is: a blinding explosion of memories, darkness, and magic. The power enables Braden to see through spells and lies, but at the cost of horrible pain.

After a terrifying vision reveals imminent danger for the uncle who raised and instructed him, Braden retreats to Belle Dam, an old city divided by two feuding witch dynasties. As rival family heads Catherine Lansing and Jason Thorpe desperately try to use Braden's powers to unlock Belle Dam's secrets, Braden vows never to become their sacrificial pawn. But everything changes when Braden learns that Jason is his father--and Trey, the enigmatic guy he's falling for, is Catherine's son.

To stop an insidious dark magic from consuming the town, Braden must master his gift—and risk losing the one he loves.

My Thoughts:  I loved reading this book because it was about witches and witches are one of my favorite subjects (yes, even over vampires!).  This book was easy to get caught-up in and was a fast and fun read.

I had no clue what was going on in Belle Dam.  Seriously, no clue!  I loved that it kept me on my toes and guessing.  I loved the whole feud that was very reminiscent of Romeo and Juliet, with Braden's dad on one side and his friend (and love interest), Trey on the other.  I loved how Braden refused to take sides in the feud as well.

I liked the romance between Trey and Braden as well.  It was believable and I enjoyed how it built up and wasn't just fall madly in love at first sight!

I thought all the characters were well developed!  I loved Braden's character!  He was snarky and despite his "gift", he is just your everyday kind of guy.  He's a very powerful witch but is not arrogant or conceited and I liked that a lot!

I also liked Trey's younger sister, Jade.  She was strong and just told you how it was.  There was no sugar-coating anything or trying to put it nicely.  She just told it how it was.  I think I liked her character because she reminded me of myself in that aspect.

This book was one that would recommend to anyone who enjoys YA paranormal books.  It was entertaining and a fun and fast read.


No comments:

Post a Comment