Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Friday, September 30, 2011

Book Review: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)

Synopsis (from Goodreads): 

The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.
 
My Thoughts:
 
I enjoyed this book for a few reasons.  One, it got me through a hard time.  My grandfather is 91 and is dying.  So, we were back and forth to the hospital and in the process of moving him and my Grandmother to assisted living.  It was a very hard and stressful week and I loved being able to escape into the world of Sam and Grace, Isabel and Cole.  Unfortunately, like all good things, it came to an end way to soon for me!
 
This book picks up where Linger ends (of course).  Grace has changed into a wolf while Sam is finally human.  Cole is living in Beck's house with Sam while they look for Grace (along with Isabel) before there is a mass slaughter of the wolves in Mercy Falls.  I loved the alternate POVs (Grace, Sam, Cole and Isabel).  I think this made the book more interesting for me. 
 
I loved the relationship between Cole and Isabel.  It was so complicated and it wasn't an easy relationship which made it all the more interesting.  Plus, to be honest, Cole and Isabel have got to be my favorite characters!  That's not to say that I didn't fall in love with Sam and Grace as well.  I did!  But, there is something about Isabel and Cole that pulled at me. 
 
While the beginning was a little relaxed and slow (in a good way though...not a "I want to quit reading this book" way), the ending was fast paced and action packed!  The only thing I personally didn't like was the unanswered questions at the end.  I won't go into those too much so as not to reveal anything but that was my one disappointment.  Oh, and the other thing I don't like?  This is the end of the series!  I want more Cole and Isabel, Sam and Grace!  But, as I said above...all good things must come to an end and the end of the Mercy Falls wolves was a brilliant one.
 
*Received this book for review from I Read Banned Books ARC Tours*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment