Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cinder and Ella Author Interview: Melissa Lemon



I am very happy to welcome Melissa Lemon to my blog to talk about  herself and her new book, Cinder and Ella!

BLM:    What made you decide to make Cinderella into two separate people?
ML:  I’m not sure. It probably comes a little from my middle child syndrome. (Yes, I’m a middle child sympathizer.) Once the idea came, I fell in love with it and moved forward with it.
BLM:  I am sure many people want to know...can you tell me if there will be a second book regarding Cinder and Ella?
ML:  That is something I am considering. I have a plot outline, I just haven’t decided whether or not to execute. I would love to do another book. I think I would call it The Legend of the Trees.

BLM:  Are you considering doing any other fairytale retellings?
ML:  Yes! I would like to do several. Look for some fun twists!
  
BLM:  Okay, now for some random, fun questions: If you could invite three people to dinner (living or dead), who would they be?
ML:  I think Nelson Mandela would be excellent company. Amelia Earhart would be fun to interview and maybe she could take us for an airplane ride after the meal. And Bill Cosby because he makes me laugh like crazy.
BLM:  What is one book you think everyone should read?
ML:  We all have a unique taste, so I think that will vary from person to person. I love classics and literary fiction, but I know that isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.
BLM:  What is your favorite music?
ML:  I love all kinds of rock, especially if it’s got a funky beat and lyrics that I like. I especially love tenor and alto voices because I can sing along.
BLM:  Where is your favorite place to write?
ML:  Anywhere that I am ALONE.
BLM:  What do you like to do when you aren’t writing?
ML:  I enjoy exercise, reading, and hanging out with my family.
BLM:  What is something that is on your bucket list?
ML:  Hmmmm, tough one. I used to want to skydive, but I think that would just make me throw-up anymore. I would have to say traveling outside of the US since that is something I have never done (unless you count Tijuana).
BLM:  What is the last book you read?
ML:  Messenger by Lois Lowry
BLM:  If you could go back in time, what decade would you choose and why?
ML:  Another tough one. Every time period seems to have its advantages and challenges. I think being on Prince Edward Island with Anne Shirley sounds pretty good.

A huge thank you to Melissa Lemon for taking time out of her busy schedule to answer my questions!  Make sure to check out  her book, Cinder and Ella!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this sounds like a wonderful book. I'll have to check it out. Great interview! :D

    ReplyDelete