The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the top 10 books that made you cry. Here are mine in no order:
1. Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson: I read this when I was pregnant with my first son so it really hit me hard! I bawled like a baby.
2. The Twilight Saga: New Moon by Stephenie Meyer: I hurt so bad for Bella when Edward left that I just had to cry.
3. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult: The unfairness of life just hit me in this one.
4. Night by Elie Wiesel: The fact that this was a true story by a survivor of the Holocaust was enough. The horrendous things that were done to people was so sad and disgusting!
5. My Darling Elia by Eugenie Melnyk: This was another book about the Holocaust that was just filled with heartache (although it was fiction). The unfairness of life again got to me.
6. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini: There were many times during this book that I teared up. It was just a very emotional book.
7. Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson: I felt for the main character as a child neglected by her mom and left to be raised by nannies. It was so sad!
8. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks: It takes a lot of love to let someone go and that is what this book was all about.
9. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne: As a mother I could not fathom this happening to my child!
10. The Color Purple by Alice Walker: Just a heartwrenching novel!