Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Book Review: Chris Mouse and the Promise by Tina J. Lackey-Adams, BSW

Title:  Chris Mouse and the Promise
Author:  Tina J. Lackey-Adams
Publisher:  Outskirts Press, Inc.
Publication Date:  Dec. 11, 2009
Synopsis (From Goodreads):  Chris Mouse has just tucked her three little ones into bed when she notices the most beautiful bright shining star in the heavens. As she dreamily admires the star she remembers a prophecy she's heard stories about since her youth. A magnificent star would mark the birth of the Savior. Could this be the promise she had waited her entire life to see? What happens next will change the world forever. Life for Chris Mouse will never be the same.

My Thoughts:  My kids and I sat down and read this book today to get into the holiday spirit.  I really liked the casual, relaxed tone of the book.  It's just a Momma Mouse who has sat down to tell you her story like you were old friends.  Very cute!  My 2 and 5 year-olds had a little bit of confusion when we read the part about Mary going into "labor" but my 7 year-old knew that meant having a baby so he explained it to them.  It was a very condensed version of the Nativity Story but it was great for my younger ones.  I also really liked the very simple illustrations.  All in all, we thought this was a pretty cute albeit short story.  I wouldn't have minded a little more detail in it but it kept my little ones attention. 


*This book was sent to me by the author for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment