Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Friday, March 18, 2016

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56





Book Beginnings on Fridays is hosted by  Rose City Reader.  Simply share the first sentence or so of the book you are reading and link up in her linky.  
The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice 
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your 
eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. 
*It's that simple.


Hell is a two-hour layover in Atlanta.
~Beginning of The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas.

Yes, I am a liar, but there are a couple of things I feel the need to say about that.
~Page 56 of The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas.                                                                                                                            




6 comments:

  1. I think I'll have to add this book to my wish list. It sounds right up my alley. Here's mine: Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like there is some dry humour in here which sounds like it'll make a great read. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine --> THE DIVINERS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a review for this book the other day. Definitely one I want to read.

    My 56 - Laura @ fuonlyknew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my review - let me know when you're finished and what you think!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Second time seeing this book. Looks as good as the last... lol... Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks scary!!

    Cover is definitely giving me the scary thoughts. :)

    ENJOY, and have a great week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete