Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

An exciting new journey!


My family and I have decided to embark on a new adventure!  One we have felt the call to do for awhile now but have finally decided that it is time. 

We are adopting a child from Ethiopia!  We are so excited and we are sharing this news with friends and family alike and while we have received a lot of support and excitement, we have also run into a lot of resistance.  I am hoping this is because it has come for a shock to some of our friends and family and let's face it, the cost is not exactly cheap but how do you put a price on a child's life?  We are determine to scrimp, save and work hard for what we want. 

The point of this post is to tell you that I have a new blog that will tell our story.  You can follow our story here:  http://impatientlywaitingethiopia.blogspot.com/ if you want. 

In the meantime, forgive me if I am not reviewing as many books as I am going to be busy with home studies and dossiers!  I will do my best to keep up though.

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing! You are doing a wonderful thing for the child and it will be so wonderful for your family too!!!

    ReplyDelete