Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Friday, October 14, 2011

Book Review: Deady Cool by Gemma Halliday

Deadly Cool

Synopsis (from Goodreads):  
First I find out that my boyfriend is cheating on me. Then he’s pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And now he’s depending on me to clear his name. Seriously?
As much as I wouldn’t mind watching him squirm, I know that he’s innocent. So I’m brushing off my previously untapped detective skills and getting down to business. But I keep tripping over dead bodies and I’m still no closer to figuring out who did it. And what’s worse: all signs seem to point to me as the killer’s next victim.
I really need to pick a better boyfriend next time.

My Thoughts:  Deadly Cool is a fun and fast paced mystery that was a great change from the paranormal books I've been reading lately.  Don't get me wrong here...I love my paranormal stories but once in awhile I need a break and this was a refreshing read!

I loved Hartley, who always seem to get herself into the craziest situations.  She was determined and strong-willed and even though her boyfriend Josh cheated on her, she was willing to help clear his name.  I loved how snarky she was and found her quite entertaining.

Sam is Hartley's sidekick.  She is a great partner-in-crime for Hartley and together they make a hilarious team.  She is always there for Hartley and I enjoyed her charcter almost as much as I liked Hartley.  She was a strong and loyal friend.

I did figure out who the killer was before the end but for the most part, the book kept me guessing.  It took awhile for me to figure it out but I did.  However, despite this little downer, I thought the book was quirky and fun.  I couldn't put it down because I didn't want to miss another crazy situation the girls got in.  I laughed throughout most of the book and really enjoyed this light and fluffy read!  I would highly recommend it to those who like a mystery that is full of fun!

**I received this book from Around the World ARC Book Tours**

No comments:

Post a Comment