Jessica's books

The One and Only Ivan
Pollyanna
Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Leprechaun in Late Winter
Ella Enchanted
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Plain Murder
Gone-Away Lake
Circling the Sun
Maggie and Max
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
The Night Sister
Tuck Everlasting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bedknob and Broomstick
Mister Monday
Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Birchbark House
The Hobbit
The Witch's Daughter


Jessica's favorite books »

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

2017 Reading Challenges

I have decided that I really need to make more time to read again.  My kids are getting older and with that comes more activities that I am required to drive them around to plus all the other stuff I do.  I have definitely been neglecting my reading and so I hope having some challenges helps me get back into it again!  My other goal is to get my TBR pile down!

My first challenge is hosted by My Reader's Block:


 
Since I don't want to set myself up for failure, I am going to go with the Pike's Peak option of reading 12 books off my TBR pile.  They will be:

1.  Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
2.  The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
3.  Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
4.  Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
5.  Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
6.  All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda
7.  Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
8.  The Collector by Nora Roberts
9.  The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
10.  Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
12.  Sanctuary Bay by Laura Burns and Melinda Metz

My next challenge is hosted by Book Dragon's Lair:  
 
If someone tells me I can't or shouldn't read a book, you can pretty much bet that I will read it.  I homeschool my kids so I also have them read many "banned" books for their literature.  I am  going to read between 2-6 books.  I am are Creeping. You're burning with a low flame and spreading slowly.

Here are the books that I plan to read:

2.  Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
3. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
4. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
5.The Color Purple by Alice Walker
6.  Paper Towns by John Green

My last challenge is hosted by Opinions of a Wolf:
 

I am going to go with the annual option and commit to reading 4 books (the Acquainted option).  The books I will be reading are:

1.  Paperweight by Meg Haston (eating disorders/suicide)
2. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn (self-injury)
3.  Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson (anorexia)
4. Sickened:  The True Story of a Lost Childhood by Julie Gregory

These are all my challenges for 2017.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on all your challenges! I'm glad to have you participating in MIA and look forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're joining Mount TBR in 2017!

    ReplyDelete